Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Earth Day music: Michelle Shocked goes green

Texas native Michelle Shocked broke into Billboard's Hot 100 in 1988 with Anchorage, a sweet song about correspondence between old friends, from her sophomore album Short Sharp Shocked. On the Greener Side, from follow-up album Captain Swing, made the top 20 of Billboard's Modern Rock chart in 1989.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chick's hot. I'd do her.

Mike said...

LOL! Um, me too.

Anonymous said...

Man, I linked you over at my place and called you "a northern perspective" and here you've been stuck on some Texas chick for over a week now.
Every other chick you meet in Texas has a geetar and sings.

Mike said...

Yeah, but how many Texas women ditch their strict Mormon upbringing to become left-leaning bohemian artists? How many write songs telling America "you and I should see other people"? Not even the Dixie Chicks are that cool.

Thanks for linking me. I'll try to deserve the honour. :-) I've just added you to my blogroll, buddy.

Anonymous said...

Stimpy, Down here, the Amish have a higher retention rate than the Mormons. Actually, it's much higher.
Moromons are total hypocrits.