Sunday, January 24, 2010

SUNDAY FUNNY: One of my favourite jokes

A boy asks his father to explain the difference between "potentially" and "realistically."

His father says, "I could just tell you, but it would be better for you to learn it for yourself. Here's an experiment: Ask your mother if she would sleep with Sean Connery for a million dollars, then ask your sister if she would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars. Then report back to me with what you've learned."

The next day, the boy tells his father he did the experiment and now thinks he understands the difference.

"Potentially," the boy says, "we're sitting on two million dollars. Realistically, we're living with a couple of sluts."

8 comments:

Here Be Monsters, again. said...

HA!
so
potentially the writer is a comedian__
realistically the writer sounds like he's not actually considering the ramifications of this kind of 'women less morally inclined' joke?

no harm, STimpson...
just observing... LOL
:-)

Mike said...

Oh, I considered it. Talked about with my grilfriend, who likes the joke but had the same misgivings. In the end I decided, What the heck, it's a joke and surely I can be cut a little slack after 180-plus posts.

Of course, your mileage may vary.

In the final analysis, the joke is really based on an unfair question. I like to think of that, not "women less morally inclined" as the basis for the joke.

But again, your mileage may vary.

Akannie said...

*SNORK !

I love this joke. What a smart little boy!! What a pathetic little dad. (kidding)

And I think after 180 some posts, you can write whatever the hell you want. lol

Here Be Monsters, again. said...

I just knew it!
Giving me the shit!
LOL Stimpson!
I said; "no harm" but ah, ok, piling on me. :-( Guess I'm the nasty... gee. But, I have a good point. :-)

Mike said...

Big belly laugh over here, Gwendolyn! And yes, you did have a good point. This post was a bit risky for me, and I can't help but notice some regular commenters have been silent in response, as if reluctant to associate themselves with it. :-0

Thanks, Akannie.

Here Be Monsters, again. said...

I did laugh!!!!
and YOU HAVE contributed enough words to be able to post anything! and get away with it!
but you know us broads.....
:-)

JoBama "Truth 101" Kelly said...

I respect Stimpson because he's not afraid to go after anyone. He's like our version of Mad Magazine.

Mike said...

What, me worry?